First Time Here?
- What is Koinonia House?
- What can I do on this site?
- I like this ministry, how can I get more involved?
- What does “Koinonia” mean?
- Who are “Bereans”?
What is Koinonia House?
Koinonia House is the 501(c) (3) publishing ministry of Chuck and Nancy Missler. Our Mission Statement is: To create, develop, and distribute materials to stimulate, encourage, and facilitate serious study of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God. You can read more about Chuck and Nancy here.
What can I do on this site?
We offer a lot of Bible Study materials including:
- Provocative Articles — Selected articles added monthly from our Personal Update News Journal. All articles published 6 months ago or earlier are available.
- Daily Radio Broadcast – Media Player or Podcast of our daily broadcast called 66/40. The great discovery is that the Bible is a message system: it’s not simply 66 books penned by 40 authors over thousands of years, the Bible is an integrated whole which bears evidence of supernatural engineering in every detail!
- Verse-by-Verse Biblical Commentary
- Topical Bible Studies – Subjects include the Rapture, Creationism, Israel, Bible Codes, Islam, Aliens and more.
- Strategic Trends – We track 10 major trends that will impact your country, your career, and your family in the coming months and years, and provide an easy way to keep track of them in the news.
K-House offers two major publications for free:
I like this ministry, how can I get more involved?
Number 1: The most important thing anyone can do to support the ministry is pray. We have a powerful audience in the Throne room of the Universe, and we can make petitions to Him.
Number 2: We want to encourage people to study the Bible as the inerrant Word of God. Here are some ways you can pursue the Bible:
- A Personal Bible Study – We provide study materials to facilitate an accurate and interesting study of the Word of God through our online store. These studies are available as DVDs, CDs, MP3 CD-ROMs, downloadable audio and video, and more.
- Briefing Packages are topical studies designed to keep you up to date with the Biblically relevant and rapidly changing world around us, as well as tackling Biblical subjects in detail.
- Commentaries are verse-by-verse expositional studies of books of the Bible.
- A great starting point is the Learn the Bible in 24 Hours commentary series which helps build a strategic overview of the entire Bible with its integrated design.
- Koinonia Institute – Join a community of believers who take Bible study very seriously! Weekly verse-by-verse Bible commentaries, Intelligence Update, regional dinner meetings, and online discussion forums where believers share their insights and ask questions in a Christian atmosphere. The Koinonia Institute is a Bible College also, designed to “Turn Believers Into Bereans.”
Number 3: Do you know anyone who is interested in the Bible? Do you know anyone who needs to hear an intelligent defense of Biblical subjects such as Creationism or fulfilled prophecy? On every page on the left hand sidebar, you will see a link to “Tell A Friend.” Visit that page and fill out the form to let someone know about the page you’re viewing, whether it’s an interesting article, provocative radio broadcast, or other facinating study.
What does “Koinonia” mean?
Koinonia is a New Testament word which is most often translated to mean “communication”, “fellowship”, or “communion.”
Who are “Bereans”?
When we speak of Bereans we’re referring to the people of whom Acts 17:11 speaks:
(Referring to the people of Berea)
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
— Acts 17:11 KJV
In short, a Berean is anyone who searches the scriptures to test what is true, rather than believing what any minister says. Chuck Missler makes a point to apply that to himself as well—“don’t just take my word for it, be a Berean!”