- What is MP3?
- Can I share my Koinonia House MP3 files with others?
- Which MP3 player software should I use?
- How can I get more teaching in MP3?
- How Do I Use the Podcasts?
- How do I put a downloaded MP3 message on an Audio CD?
- I want to transfer these MP3 files to Audio CD, but the audio is too long to fit on a single CD. How can I do this?
- I have lost the files I downloaded, can I re-download them?
- When I follow the instructions to download, the Save Target As is grayed out.
- How do I download an MP3 product I purchased from the K-House Online Store?
- Can I download and save MP3 files directly to my iPhone, iPod touch or iPad?
- My question is still not answered…
1. What is MP3?
2. Can I share my Koinonia House MP3 files with others?
We provide these resources as a ministry tool, and we encourage you to share them with your friends and family who might need to hear the information. We ask only that you do not resell the files or make a profit off of them in any way. We also ask that you do not make them available on any web site or download / file trading service.
3. Which MP3 player software should I use?
These programs have been tested and work with K-House MP3 files.
4. How can I get more teaching in MP3?
These are the ways to obtain K-House materials in MP3:
5. How Do I Use the Podcasts?
In order to use a podcast, you must be using software that supports podcasts, such as iTunes.
Be aware that different podcast software may react differently to our feeds. If you experience any difficulties, please email us through the K-House email form at “Download MP3 Help”. We have decided to support podcasts only on:
- iTunes, which is available for free for Windows and Mac users.
- Broadband Internet
6. How do I put a downloaded MP3 message on an Audio CD?
To make an Audio CD from an MP3 file, you need two things:
- CD Burner
- CD Burning software, such as Nero, Roxio, EasyCD, SonicNow
All the CD Burning software works slightly differently so we are unable to provide exact instructions for your specific system. Using the CD Burning software, select the Audio CD option, and add the desired MP3 to the track list. Please use the Help section of your software if you unsure how to use it.
7. I want to transfer these MP3 files to Audio CD, but the audio is too long to fit on a single CD. How can I do this?
Some of the K-House MP3's are longer than the 74 minutes allowed on a normal audio CD. To get all of this teaching on CD, you will need to split the file into two, and burn the audio to two separate CD's. A free program for splitting these files can be found here.
8. I have lost the files I downloaded, can I re-download them?
As with any merchandise you purchase, it is your responsibility to maintain ownership. Please make backups of your files in case of computer failure, etc. Under certain circumstances we will allow you to re-download them - you can request a re-download from your account page on our store.
9. When I follow the instructions to download, the Save Target As is grayed out.
This happens because Internet Explorer's Content Advisor settings do not want you to be able to download files. To fix this, click on Tools > Internet Options > Content > Content Adviser. Click "Disable" to disable this option.
If you are on an office network then you will need to ask your system administrator to disable it.
10. How do I download an MP3 product I purchased from the K-House Online Store?
Assuming you're using a Windows computer, using Internet Explorer:
1. Go to http://store.khouse.org/
2. Click on 'Login' at the top.
3. Log in with your login email and password.
4. Click on 'My Downloads' on the top.
5. Click on an MP3 product, which will open a pop-up window. We'll use Red Sky as the example.
6. In the pop up window, place your mouse over the blue underlined text: Red_Sky_01.mp3
7. On your mouse, click the right hand button.
8. The third menu item is 'Save Target As' - click this.
9. A dialog box will open giving you the option of where to save the file.
Common problems to downloading include:
1. Cookies must be enabled on your browser.
2. Download managers such as LeechGet or Download Express may take over the download. This isn't necessarily a problem, but the 'Save Target As' will behave differently than described above.
If you're not using Windows and Internet Explorer, please email us at MP3 Download Help, and be sure to answer these questions in your email:
- Are you trying to download purchased MP3 Briefing Packages, Commentaries, or Free MP3's?
- Which operating system are you using? (Windows, Mac, etc., include version number)
- Which MP3 player software are you using? (WinAmp, RealPlayer, iTunes, etc.)
- Which web browser are you using? (IE, Netscape, Mozilla, etc.)
- Are you using any download managers? (LeechGet,Download Express, etc.)
11. Can I download and save MP3 files directly to my iPhone, iPod touch or iPad?
On the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Mobile Safari can play MP3s, but it cannot save them directly to the device. Hopefully it will soon be supported. If you buy MP3 Commentaries or Briefing Packs from our store using one of these devices, you won't be able to save the files to it, but you can click on the MP3 file link to play it. Remember they are only temporarily available. The files will only be available for 14 days from the time of purchase, so you will need to log in to the KHouse store on a computer to download and save them, which you can then sync to your device.
There are some third-party iPhone, iPod touch and iPad apps that do have the ability to save files directly to the device. One such application is called “Downloads.” You can find the iPhone/iPod touch version here, and the iPad version here.
12. Email Koinonia House
If your question has not been answered, and you still need assistance, Go here to email K-House.